Sunday 22 September 2013

22nd September 2013: limited shopping and chilling.

This week has actually been pretty good overall! Admittedly, I've had less bad/boring lessons this week, and I've had a chance to do some creative/practical stuff for Media, which was much needed amongst all the exam question writing and reading etc. for English. Also, I wasn't actually in that much this week, which always helps!

Monday, the first day of the week! I didn't have to be in until after break and that was Media Studies. We had to create a poster for a James Bond film, which seemed to go well. After that lesson I went home because I had to go and pick up the little sister from school. So, that afternoon, I had a nice walk back from Maria's school, with her, even if she was moaning all the way!

On Tuesday, I had three lessons, all of the English variety. Double English Language in the morning and English Lit in the afternoon, not bad, but not great! Then it was off to the orthodontists, where I bumped into two familiar faces, then got told to go back in 4 months for what will hopefully be my last visit! I went home and had a chilled evening, also had a rather long catch-up with Philippa, which was really quite nice and funny at times!

Early start on Monday, I got up early, which was a tad weird considering it's usually my day 'off', and it turned into quite a full day! Managed to get pre-sale tickets for me and three friends to go see Lauren in February. (ticket link here) 10 minutes later and I was off for a driving lesson, and a pretty good one! When I got home, I did some work, chilled a bit, picked Maria up from school and then went and did club, which also went pretty well!

Thursday was yet another jabs day! I had a lay in, got up and went to have two jabs, which means I've only got two left. (I think?!) I stayed home, did some work, and then went to pick Maria up. We came home and Maria beat me at a game of draughts, I downloaded Wolf Choir's EP (which you'll hear more about later) then me and Mum headed off to homegroup.

I had a pretty good sleep before waking up on Friday morning. Went into school for break. Had Media, and we were looking at newspapers and starting to create our own 'red top' and 'quality broadsheet' - see I even know the lingo now! :P The day was going well until we had tutor and it was about leavers dinner and the rest was about uni's and personal statements - which aren't exactly top of my list right now. Still, I just about got through it, then went to my sister's end of week assembly. After that we were off home for dinner and a rest, before going to club, which again went pretty well!

Saturday, I got up at a fairly reasonable time for a weekend, got some blog stuff done, and started sorting out recent photos for my wall, downloaded some Frank songs (which are free here) and then did some searching on YouTube for music. I watched England Women beat Belarus 6-0, a pretty good game I'd say and then we watched part of the Tour of Britain!

Sunday, I got up late, sorted out some stuff, watched a bit of the Stoke v Arsenal game, whilst ordering some clothes and reserving a suitcase, then picking the suitcase along with a few other bits up. After that we went out for dinner and the best bit? A belgian waffle with ice cream and toffee sauce!

As well as all the other promo stuff I've done in this entry, I need to make you aware of Frank Hamilton's tour, if I haven't already, I can gurantee it'll be a great evening of live music and the support artists that are lined up are pretty insane live too! (All tickets are under £10) You can get tickets here.

Music of the Week!

First up, is a rather good group called Wolf Choir... Everytime I've had a music listening moment since Thursday, their track Dilute has been included.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/wolfchoirmusic
BandCamp (download their EP for free/your own price): http://wolfchoirband.bandcamp.com/


Next is Lauren Aquilina and Orla Gartland covering one of my favourite songs at the minute, Royals by Lorde. It's pretty good! Enjoy! 


Lastly, a song from Frank, singing it live from outside a rather epic cricket ground (definitely hit a six there when I was younger - yeah it was with an incrediball but that's not the point!) Still, this is where the quote came from on one of this week's photos :) 

Words and Nothing More - Frank Hamilton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4b770wKAo

Also, my face appears in this video, a few times if you look close enough! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Fw96yGmf4

Photos...
16th September 2013: high targets and long walks.
17th September 2013: a long day, orthodontists and a catch up
18th September 2013: tickets, driving, homework and club.
19th September 2013: more jabs and another day off.
20th September 2013: newspapers, pointless tutor and club.
21st September 2013: chilled morning, chilled afternoon, chilled evening.
22nd September 2013:  limited shopping and chilling.
Thanks for Reading!
Have a good week!

Find me and my photos here: https://www.facebook.com/onedayatatimeevan

Find my other blog and updates here: http://musicintimeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment