Sunday 15 September 2013

15th September 2013: rain, 'relaxing' and random things.

Oooooh! Is this an on time blog? Sorry, what's that? But seriously, this does make a change from the past month - right? :P
I'm glad to see the weather's returned to normal for England, although it doesn't mean I like getting wet shoes... (insert Frank Hamilton lyrics here).

On Monday, I had to be in school for first lesson, we went through the first two pages of Antony & Cleopatra. I then had a free, then English Language, just starting to talk about child language acquisition! Had a catch up with Philippa before she went off to uni, I then had to walk back to school for an assembly and got drenched in the rain and then sat through an assembly I didn't even need to be in (too much UCAS and Uni's).

Tuesday was a pretty long day to be honest. Double Media to start the day, a free which I used to sort otu some emails. After that I had double English (one of Lit, lunch & then English Lit).

I had a rather nice day on Wednesday, although I was late in for my one and only lesson of the day (English Language)! I came home and went for a driving lesson, they're going really well and I'm getting better, which is always nice! I then went and did club, it was the first one (for me) this school year, so it was nice to see the kids and catch up with what they'd done over the holidays, as well as what they thought of their new teachers/schools.

Thursday, I went in for my first lesson, then went to the doctors, had a jab (only four left). I went back into school for another lesson, then a free to send some emails, lunch to get bourbons for Lauren and then English Language last. We had a rather amusing fire drill (the thing that made it funny? Someone in my year, in a toga, on their 18th birthday, after having an hour free and no lessons left for that day...)
Then it was on a train with Lailana to Borderline in London to see Lauren Aquilina. I have to say it was a pretty insane gig! All the supports were amazing and Lauren was brilliant, backed with a band just highlighted to me my confusion as to why she hasn't made it massive yet, but she's getting there and to me she is just getting better and better. We got to meet and chat to all the artists including an extra - Harry Hudson-Taylor. I must admit I was gutted to find out as we left that Frank and Nina Nesbitt were there and watching at the back. (By the way I've done a review type blog with the photos and music links, which is underneath this one :))

Friday, was a very long day, I didn't have much to do but everything was so much effort, with only about 3 hours sleep, I spent most of the morning thinking about getting up and not doing it. Eventually, I did and went in for my only lesson (Media Studies) which was alright, got picked up and went to my sister's assembly, went home and had a sleep. Then went and did club, this took a lot of effort. When I got home, I attempted to watch the Celebrity Big Brother final & failed!

So, Saturday morning I caught up with the CBB final, got up for about 5 minutes at a reasonable time and decided I wasn't feeling great so went and stayed under my duvet for a bit longer. I eventually got up properly at an unnacceptable time of 12.30... :P I sorted photos out from Thursday and then did some wok. After that I did some blog work, Gran came round for dinner and I helped cook some lasagna (which I managed to eat after some recent anti-meat moments).

Today, I haven't really done much. I've listened and sorted through a lot of music. Written two blogs up and planned another one (for that other blog I do...:P) But that's been about it...

Music of the Week!

This first song comes from a guy that I fell in love with on Thursday, his name is Daniel James and this song sung alongside just a guitar and wooden block (which probably has a more technical name...) was absolutely insane and the recorded version is also pretty good!
A Lonely Man - Daniel James: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCiGkwE66U8

The second song is from a group I've been listening to and following for a while, but they're finally starting to break through, recently covering In For The Kill in the Radio 1 Live Lounge and now announcing they're supporting Ellie Goulding on tour... These guys are also iTunes free single of the week!
Strong - London Grammar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drfp_3823I

These last two songs are from my all time favourite TV programme... Doctor Who! They released series 7 soundtrack recently and personally I think Murray Gold (the composer) is a genius! I found it really hard to choose a track to put in here. I knew it had to be something to do with the Ponds last episodes, or the episode 'The Name of the Doctor'... so I chose two!
Together Or Not At All (from 'The Angels take Manhattan): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gam8ogWBLk
Remember Me (from 'The Name of the Doctor'): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKuxWsLoDE

Photos...
9th September 2013: wet shoes...
10th September 2013: long day and sorting emails.
11th September 2013: one lesson and on the roads.
12th September 2013: another jab and an aquilina gig.
13th September 2013: so tired i can't walk or talk.
14th September 2013: getting up late and chilling.
15th September 2013: rain, 'relaxing' and random things.
Thanks for Reading!
Have a good week!

Find me and my photos here: https://www.facebook.com/onedayatatimeevan

Find my other blog and updates here: http://musicintimeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment