Sunday 14 July 2013

14th July 2013: sun, books and the sea...

Later post today, got home from a weekend away by the sea quite late today, then got distracted by Jessie's livestream of her concert at Eden Project...
Still, here we go!

Monday, didn't really do much... Wore flip flops for the day... which I regretted after about an hour... ahah!
Tuesday, I had a full day at sixth form, and then spent 2 hours trying to upload the 'Music In Time' blog post for the week, but that didn't go up easily, so I decided to leave it for the night and do it on the Wednesday...
Wednesday saw the 2 week countdown to my birthday :D Also had a pretty pointless day in sixth form, and a very quiet evening at home, as my sister went on a residential school trip...
Thursday, was House Music, we got placed third, which obviously we were alright with, however we weren't the only ones confused by the House that won, and order of placing, but there we go! Went to the concert in the evening, and my Mum and Gran came along too, obviously it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and resulted in a few emotional moments for a few house captains... and a awesome moment of a few of us starting to dance and clap along to the final song and being joined by other sixth formers, to year 7s and teachers... :D (one of the limited proud moments of being a sixth former at our school...)
Friday, my sister came home, I didn't do much at sixth form and then off to Friday Club...
Saturday came, and I washed Mum's car, watched my sister do a bit of horse riding, played a bit of passenger on the ukulele, forgot many things before we then headed down to the coast for the rest of the weekend, on the way down, we stopped off to watch a fly over (from Goodwood's Festival of Speed) from the Vulcan?! It was a pretty awesome sight and sound... Then we had chilled, played some football, had a BBQ, Papa (my Granddad) made some grilled banana things (which despite me hating the texture of...) actually tasted pretty good with some ice cream and maple syrup :) Then a trip to the beach to watch the sun set, and it was massive and reddy/pink...
Then today, slow day really, went to the beach again, had a walk round, got some sea food, had another BBQ, chilled a bit more and then came home...

A good week, lovely weather and everything, but I'm gonna be a typical Brit now, it was a bit too hot at times!! Like now, as I'm writing this it's too hot and I'm dreading trying to get to sleep in it!!

Music of the Week

(One song that absolutely sums up my whole week - purely because it's popped up so much and I've had it stuck in my head cos of House Music...)

Ain't Nobody - Chaka Khan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MF_B-VfHhs

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sNi2PUiWM

Talk To Me - Lauren Aquilina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQT_Xv-M7tk

8th July 2013: flip flops for a day...
9th July 2013: full day followed by a pointless 2 hours.
10th July 2013: 2 weeks til my b'day & a quiet house.
11th July 2013: House Music - placed third again.
12th July 2013: the sister's home!
13th July 2013: BBQ'd bananas...
14th July 2013: sun, books and the sea...

AND an extra photo of the Vulcan :) 




Thanks for reading! 
evan. :)

By the way... if you like this blog, you might wanna check out my other one about music... 'Music In Time'... 
BLOG: musicintimeblog.blogspot.com
FB: www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog

No comments:

Post a Comment