Sunday 21 July 2013

21st July 2013: 'the fence is leaking'.

Had a more postive week, probably because it saw the end of L6 (first year of A Levels). Although it was also quite a sad week, being many of the best teachers at my school's last few days...

Still... onto the week's overview ;)

Monday was an interesting day... (To give you a bit of backgroudn info - the night before I'd been laying in bed and as I got up to get a drink of water, I sneezed, consequently pulling muscle by ribs...) So I spent my day in pain everytime I sneezed, coughed or laughed (which is what I seemed to spend most of my day doing Monday...) Still, uninteresting day apart from that, we had our headteachers leavers assembly, but it was pretty dull to what it could have been... After-school, sixth form vs year 9s cricket match, didn't go well, we lost, and I probably shouldn't have played but oh well!!

Tuesday... it officially hit too hot on the evan scale... I came home from sixth form and literally just collapsed on my bed, I couldn't move I was so hot! I must have drunk the equivalent of a swimming pool's load of water... *slight exaggeration* but I still felt like I was going to faint, so I decided to put all end of term school work on hold and sleep...

Wednesday, not much really happened, pretty boring day to be honest...

Thursday... In the morning, I was feeling pretty bad to say the least, I was nervous and was contemplating even going in to sixth form for the day... Still, I went in late, in time for the start of House Public Speaking... I'd been put up as Questioner for my House, and considering I didn't do much in House Sports and House Music, I decided I'd give it a go, we were from Tudor, we weren't expecting a win, so had nothing to lose... We had a solid speech by Jake about 'The Pressures of Being a Lad...' and we had Aram as Chair, which was amusing... I then had to question Josh (which would have been difficult on any subject...) but he chose to speak about the Go Compare adverts... Now me and speaking don't go too well, let alone public speaking, so I stood up to start questioning, I was shaking, my mouth went dry, I said countless erms and so's... BUT I won best questioner... So yeah, one thing to take from Thursday was to face a challenge, no matter what it is, or who it's against. It was a bit of a slap in the face for me I guess, I've had a bit more of a 'get on with it' attitude...

Friday was a bit of a sad day... it was my headteacher's last day, he'd workign at the school for the past 12 years, and we'd been there for half of it :( Then 3 other teachers I got on with and many others had their last day. We finished with sixth formers and teachers singing Jerusalem, which has always been a 'lump in the throat' moment for our year. Still, I did some tidying in my room when I got home and then chilled. Then came the last ever 'Friday Club' as we knew it :(

Saturday... I was up and out the door just after 7.30 (in the morning) to go food shopping... Then came home and mowed the lawn. I then helped tidy and hoover the house, then prepped some BBQ stuff... After that I had my b'day bbq thing, which was nice, few friends came and some fam. Band Hero was played, and some dodgy singing happened :P some night badminton went on, I think that's where my bruises are from? and then INTENSE twister... My arms and legs are sore today!!

Sunday, well I'm writing this at midday, before I've really done anything... I got up a lot later than yesterday... 10 o'clock... I've basically been sorting this blog out since, with distractions in between. For the rest of the day, I'm out and about, going to watch a band at the local music in the park thing, then I'm off to a party at my friends house, which should be good! :)

Next week is looking like a pretty epic week already, especially Wednesday (dunno what's happening?!)

Music Of The Week

Candle - April Keen: (skip to 50seconds if you want!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pB_IEGI6pc

Back To You - Bryce: https://soundcloud.com/bryce-drew-davidson/back-to-you

Burn - Ellie Goulding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyEd0aKWZE

Made In The USA - Demi Lovato: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zdIHDTbg0

Also, a certain Lauren Aquilina is releasing her EP 'Sinners' tonight at midnight!! (So it'll be out on 22nd July!!) go check her stuff out!! :) 

FB: https://www.facebook.com/laurenaquilinamusic
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/laurenaquilina
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/LaurenAquilinaMusic
Website: http://www.laurenaquilina.co.uk


Photos...

15th July 2013: never sneeze like i sneeze...
16th July 2013: too hot to do anything.

17th July 2013: 99 days til Kenya... a week til i'm on the roads...
8th July 2013: House Public Speaking - Best Questioner!
19th July 2013: end of year. end of 'Friday Club'. end of Costy's time as headteacher!
20th July 2013: productive day followed by a b'day BBQ!
21st July 2013: 'the fence is leaking'.
Have a good week folks! Thanks for reading!
evan. :)


LINKS!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/onedayatatimeevan

Music In Time Blog... http://musicintimeblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment