Sunday 20 October 2013

20th October 2013: warm drinks and rest.

So, I signed in today to type this up, and saw I'd reached over 5,000 views, seeing as I don't upload as often as I did at the start, that's an insane amount, so thank you to everyone that reads this! It's weird that it's grown since I started it up, and now it's nearly the end of this year's challenge! However, I WILL be planning new things for the new year! So stick around!! :)

This week hasn't been the best, but it definitely hasn't been the worst! My trip to to the wonderful world of Africa is just a few days away... But you'll hear more about that in a special blog (hopefully will be up on Wednesday!) I'm ill, which is great! I've had lots of medicines and tried to rest (which seems to be an impossible task of mine) and my other blog has grown quite a bit this past week! Still, onwards to the daily happenings from this week! (Also, stick around for the music of the week, cos there is one song that I absolutely love and I'm sure others will - as well as the other two :P)

Monday, I got up at a reasonable time, didn't have to be in until break. So I went in, had Media, did a 20 mark test, thinking I didn't do too great! Then, I had a free, then lunch, then assembly then English Lit, which was alright. After school, I waited over half an hour to be picked up because a certain little person went to pick up one of her b'day presents! Finally got home (I'm joking Mum :P) we went out for dinner for my sister's b'day! Came home and taught Misty how to play Am and C chords on her uke.

Tuesday was a long day! I had four lessons, a free, which I did five minutes of school work in, then had a cheeky jam with Lailana then during lunch and tutor we did some filming of her session for Music In Time, so that's looking good! Didn't really do much Tuesday that I remember, just more emails and work.

Wednesday morning I woke up feeling ill. Sore throat, not knownig whether it was from singing on Tuesday (never a good idea with my throat!), whether I was having a reaction to the typhoid tablet OR if I just had a cold... I had a free day, so typically I filled it with work that needed doing! Emails, editing, media work, permission letter drafting for my English Investigation. Made myself lunch, went for my driving lesson, did some parking (which I was good at!) and lost my voice a few times! Got home, had a toffee crisp (which probably didn't help my throat, but cured my hunger and tasted great!) Had a sleep, went and did club, lost my voice another few times, got annoyed at a really cocky little boy, got over that, went home, had dinner and went to bed with a warm blackcurrant.

Thursday, woke up. Realised Kenya was a week away, freaked out, realised throat was still sore. Decided to rest most of day, had Lemsip (which tastes disgusting - no matter how much sugar/honey you put in!) Got lots of work done though! Went to homegroup, as it was my last one before trip next week. Had a few mini emosh moments - that just sort of put a smile on my face, rather than tears in my eyes - haha, and a few hugs (I just hope I haven't given any of them my cold!)

Friday, I spent a few hours in the morning resting, sorting stuff for my other blog out, started writing this one out, watched a bit of Les Mis - the half hour I watched was alright, but I was a bit confused when the character Anne Hathaway (I think) dies 20ish minutes in and she was the main character they show in the advert! Went in to school, went to Media, helped with football, went to tutor and went home, had last jab, which was a seriously painful one! Went to club, then headed off to Dad's for the weekend.

Saturday, I got up late, chilled for most of the day, went out for a hot chocolate and got some shopping, went home and chilled some more, watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which was good, caught up with the Emmerdale storyline, which was a good one last week! Then watched Strictly and X Factor after eating a delicious dinner of Cheesy Pasta!

Today, woke up thinking someone was turning the bedroom light on and off, then realised the wind and rain outside was insanely heavy, then clicked that there was a pretty impressively scary storm outside! Went and had a toasted sandwich for lunch, which was nice. Went back home and had a chilled afternoon whilst the rain was tipping it down outside! Then headed home to Mum's had dinner, had my hair styled by Misty and wrote a mini list of a few final things I need for Kenya. I must admit... I'm looking forward to Thursday and everything but I'm looking forward to getting in the minibus in Kenya and knowing I've got three airports and two flights out the way!

Music of the Week! 

Ok, so I went on to YouTube to listen to music whilst I was typing up this blog and found this and it's insane! I love the song anyways, but this cover is pretty impressive! Saying that, I'm slightly irritated Becky Hill doesn't get any recognition in the title as she's the one that sings it all the way through! Still, here it is!

Next up is a song that I only heard yesterday, and thought it was pretty good... 


Last up is a song I've had in my head for ages!! I've seen her live twice in the past month and thoroughly enjoyed both sets, and she was lovely when I was spoke to her at both gigs! Also, the video shows three other familiar faces to this blog! Enjoy! 


Photos... 

14th October 2013: happy bday misty and 10 sleeps to go!
15th October 2013: full day, singing and filming.
16th October 2013: losing my voice, emails and driving.
17th October 2013: work, rest and losing my voice still.
18th October 2013: lemsip, school and club.
19th October 2013: chilling, hot chocolate and willy wonka.
20th October 2013: warm drinks and rest.

Thanks for Reading!
Have a good week!

Find me and my photos here: https://www.facebook.com/onedayatatimeevan

Find my other blog and updates here: http://musicintimeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment