Sunday 6 October 2013

6th October 2013: same shirt, different day.

I'm late posting this - and I've also been late posting the past week's photos - really doing well!

I also haven't really done much this week apart from go to sixth form, drive and think about doing lots of work and doing a little bit of work. 

So there's not much point me going through my week day by day. So instead I'm going to go back to old style random blogging for this week. Although quick update! My camera screen has completely messed up, and annoyingly I don't even know how considering it was in the case?! Plans screwed up for Kenya now though!I've also lost all faith in camera shops - even the small ones that are supposed to be helpful and friendly!

Still, onto a formal rant! Cyclists on the road... (Just bare in mind I cycle, so this isn't a biased argument!) However, I also drive and can appreciate how annoying it is when cyclists get away with so much more than a driver in a car (as well as any other vehicle on the roads).

The first and most frustrating thing, when cyclists decide they're going to go over a red light at traffic lights. Do they not realise they go red to keep them and other drivers safe? Yet, without a doubt the driver would get done if the cyclist died or was seriously injured. That leads me onto another point... Cyclists don't need insurance/licence etc. to be on the roads? Surely, if they're an equal on the road like the highway code says, they should need one! They should have to go through similar tests/cycling proficiencies and have a licence to prove they have passed those and can genuinely ride on the road and know the rules of the roads etc.

In 2011, stats showed that over 19,000 cyclists were killed or injured in accidents. 75% happen at, or near, a road junction. So this leads me onto suggest, maybe if cyclists didn't undertake when on a road, this may be prevented? Yes, drivers should also check their mirrors, BUT cyclists are surely causing their own problem by undertaking (when there isn't a designated cyclist path), which by the way for a motorist to do is illegal, and everyone is equal on the road - right?

Still, some cyclists are fine, you know those that wear their cycling club kits and cycle in groups, because they know what they're doing! *sarcastic tone kicking in, sorry* SO when I see a group of cyclists riding side by side along a road... Erm, couldn't that be classed as racing, which is also illegal for motorists, and everyone is equal on the road - right? Hmm, yet they still get away with it? Oh well!

Ok, last point, carrying on from the last one... If cars/motorbikes etc. can't race on the roads how come bikes can have roads closed and towns put in shutdown for them to ride through? (Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed going to watch the road race in the Olympics and everything, but for the sake of this blog...) Shouldn't they have tracks made for them or something? Maybe not? Let me know what you think!

Now, back to normal style blog...

Music of the Week

First, is a song from Lorde, I've had two of her songs on repeat recently, this one and her other single 'Royals', I've this stuck in my head for too long!! Also, I need to warn you there might be a swear word in there somewhere!


Next is a song from Frank Hamilton, I went to see him the evening this should have gone up! So, I was playing this over and over again, plus it went on the #FrankOnTour CD I made him, because it's my favourite song by him apart from One Last Time, but that's too sad! - cutee (want any more cheese with that?) 



As well as all the other songs on the Kick Ass 2 Soundtrack, this song is pretty good, and is one of Mika's better ones! 


Photos... 

30th September 2013: media and a long walk home.
1st October 2013: English, more English and media.
2nd October 2013: a day off and driving.
3rd October 2013: another day of English.
4th October 2013: chilling, media and club.
5th October 2013: horses and gatherings.
6th October 2013: same shirt, different day.
Thanks for Reading!
Have a good week!

Find me and my photos here: https://www.facebook.com/onedayatatimeevan

Find my other blog and updates here: http://musicintimeblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment