Wednesday 23 October 2013

kuona hivi karibuni!

Jambo! (That means hello in Swahili) In less than 24 hours I will (hopefully) be on a plane to Kenya! Unfortunately, whilst I'm out there I will not have the time/strong wi-fi connection to upload photos/blogs! So, here is my Sunday blog, early and obviously a lot shorter...

Monday was a pretty long day, as well as two irritating lessons, we had a bit of a challenging evening. Tuesday, was LONG! Double Media and double English, although had a really nice jam with Lai and Haytham during lunch and then me and Lai decided to sing out the music posters in the music room...
Then the evening was a bit of a shocker and rather irritatingly ended up giving up on the thought of a normal evening where I could pack etc. So, that brings us to today! I had a lesson to start with which wasn't too bad, then went into town to see a friend quickly before I went, and got final bits like a jumper and some hair ties. Came home, had cold pizza for lunch (which will always be my favourite thing to eat for lunch!) Had a driving lesson, which went really well, despite my hands shaking like mad and my head thinking about EVERYTHING that I still need to get done! I'm home now after picking my sister up from school and quickly writing this before hopefully packing the majority of my suitcase, doing club and then going to the hospital to visit a family member, THEN have the last warm bath for a while and FaceTime Philippa! Whilst fitting in a few important phone calls, messages and emails! So there you go!
There will not be much point in me uploading a photo tomorrow morning as it won't be very good, so I will include tomorrow in the 'Adventure Blogs' when I come back! Whilst I'm out there I will be taking and noting down photos for each day, writing a little blog entry in my book and maybe doing some filming! Hope you all have a lovely half term/halloween etc. and I will post when I'm back in the country and back in my home!

For now, the week's music and photos (so far...)

Music of the Week! 

African themed and a song that I'm meant to have learnt... I know the Waka Waka, this time for Africa bit! (that's good enough right?)


Next up is a song from a choir that I saw a few years ago in the UK and they were so good! We got their CD and when I did my fundraising stuff I played this etc. Enjoy the drums at the start and then enjoy the singing etc when it kicks in! 


Last isn't a song, it's a little story by Wangari Maathai, it's got a really 'nice' (hate that word!) video that goes with it, and a lovely (still don't really like that word!) message behind it! 


Photos... 

21st October 2013: 3 day countdown and a challenging two hours.
22nd October 2013: 2 day countdown and a uke jam.
Sorry for not uploading today's photo on here, but I haven't taken it yet... 

Thanks for Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment