Sunday 5 May 2013

Frank Hamilton Gig: 30th April 2013.

I'd been looking forward to this gig, for a rather long time... and I can safely say I wasn't disappointed, at all.
One thing I really enjoy about smaller gigs, is that you can see two support acts and get a feel of if they can sing live or not...

So, the first support act on stage was Martha... She was great! I'd downloaded one of her singles 'As We Go' and that's catchy and very summery... Her voice was well accompanied with her guitar/ukulele and harmonised with her friend, that I'm afraid I don't know the name of, but they sounded great together :)

Martha Paton
Second onto stage, Being Buffalo... or 'Big Buffalo' as Evie thought they were called... They had an interesting mic testing technique which involved repeating '1.. 2... woahh!!' over and over again, which sounded quite amusing. They weren't great I admit, but they weren't ear-bleeding with how painfully rubbish they were... Some may beg to differ... Still the main singer seemed alright when we grabbed a photo with him afterwards, even if he'd had a bit too much to drink... 
Being Buffalo
Then... Frank! Wow! Well... he's pretty insane anyway... But live drums, and full band, I was away with the fairies. He sang all my favourites, apart from Waterloo Guildford. Afterwards, we grabbed his set list, and I got that signed for my sister, and I got a poster signed for myself. He was one of the most genuine, loveliest people I think I've ever met :) Another pretty epic thing, was that he knew exactly who I was, and no I've never met him before :D


Frank Hamilton

me and frank, and for once it was him that got caught out by the flash...
Martha - As We Go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIGNQW12vfM
Being Buffalo - Hope: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwjiqAArcEU

Frank Hamilton - Flaws & Ceilings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6m31ctNVzk

evan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment