Thursday 1 January 2015

hello twenty fifteen.


First things first, Happy New Year and welcome to 2015!

Even though I hate the whole ‘new year, new me’ idea, I think it’s good that it fuels people with some motivation to do something for the better and if they can’t find that half way through the year, then why not have resolutions at the start of a year for the 12 months ahead.
Saying that, I haven’t really got any ‘resolutions’, I’m setting mine down as rules more than anything, because I am genuinely fed up with myself saying I’ll do something and never doing it or getting it done.
So here are my five rules that I’ve written out for myself for 2015.

1. Rest More: This is my main one for the new year. I’ve managed to completely wear myself down in 2014, resulting in a few ‘not very good’ moments. I’m not very good at doing nothing, when I can’t sleep I get up and do stuff, usually creative things not linked to the coursework that I should get done when I’m too tired/unfocused in the day. Having more down time is definitely on the list for 2015. Dedicating at least an hour a day to ‘chill’, either listen to music, read, draw, watch something etc. is the plan.

2. Read More: English Lit at GCSE and A Level really put me off reading, having to analyse books and plays made me despise written texts and I’m slowly getting back into it. I’m still not at the level of reading a book in a day which I used to be able to do, but I’m getting there, I think I’d like to read at least 12 books in 2015, that’s a reasonable target; right?

3. Do More: I know this kind of defeats ‘rest more’, but I mean live a little, as in go out a bit more, visit a new place, make an effort with meeting up with people. I’ve got a few ideas for next year, but these need to become plans, I think going to at least one different country would be a good place to start.  Attempting to play a bit more cricket/at least regular exercise is a good shout too…

4. Create More: This kind of links into rest more and do more in two ways… I feel if I want to do what I want to do for a living I should be ‘creating’ more content, which is fine, I need to organise my time to be able to do that – and it should be easier.  However, in my down time, I want to get back into drawing and it’d be nice to take more high quality photos/videos. I really want to get my creative juices flowing again.

5. Enjoy More: I want to be able to do more things that I will enjoy. Unfortunately, the majority of those things are likely to come after I’ve finished A Levels in June, but after that I hope to see a bit more of the world (even if it’s just a bit more of England). I also want to get back to enjoying creating content rather than forcing myself to make content that I don’t necessarily think much of, just because I feel I should post.

So there we have it! Hello 2015, good to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment