Sunday 11 January 2015

my reading list.


I want to set myself a challenge (amongst the others that come with A Levels and general life). Ever since GCSE English and Drama and A Level English Lit, I have despised reading; especially books. 
However, a couple of months back, I started reading magazines more and gradually progressed to Roald Dahl and then 'real' books - as certain people might like to call them. 

So, I've decided to read at least 12 books this year, 15 ideally, a realistic goal - right?! I've got an 'ideal' reading list, which are books I'd quite like to get through this year, after having a growing reading list for a few years. 

That doesn't  mean to say they won't be swapped about for others, but here's the list for now: 

To Finish:
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - J.K. Rowling
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon
After Auschwitz - Eva Schloss

Read & Complete:
Strong Woman - Karren Brady
Field of Shadows - Dan Waddell
Doctor Who: The Monsters Inside - Stephen Cole
Nineteen Eighty - Four - George Orwell
War Horse - Michael Morpurgo
Revolution - Russel Brand
Stig of the Dump - Clive King
Ed Sheeran: A Visual Journey - Ed Sheeran & Phillip Butah
Doctor Who: The Shakespeare Notebooks - Justin Richards
The Machine Gunners - Robert Westall
The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window & Disappeared - Jonas Jonasson

Are there any books you want to read this year or any you'd recommend as a top read? 
- evan. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment